skip to main content

E-mail Us

Please e-mail us using this form, or you can use this e-mail address: to send e-mail using your own e-mail program.

Your Name:

Your E-mail:



Leave this empty!!! If you see it

Note: All fields on this form are required.

Inside the VSO

Ever wonder what happens after you give your paperwork to the Veterans Services staff? It's not Classified information!

Every quarter, we notify the VA that you are enrolled in classes based on the information we get from you and Registration. The VA uses that information to process and issue your payments for that quarter.

We follow the VA guidelines in reporting your enrollment information and helping you get paid.

The following six (6) items are important information that can save you time, trouble, and expense; please study and make them your own.

Our Job
Accurately report your new schedule to the VA as soon as possible. We do this through an online program called VA ONCE that lets us communicate electronically with the VA. The information we send through VA ONCE is what the VA uses to determine how much of your entitlement money to use during that quarter.

Your Job
Make sure we know what credits to report by giving us a completed Enrollment Cetifaction Request as soon as you've registered for classes, and Verify your attendance on the last day of every month with the VA. Post 9/11 students do not have to verify their attendance each month but all other VA students must do so.

Before the Quarter Starts
The VA accepts certifications up to 120 days (about 4 months) before the start of the quarter or school term. The earlier you get the ECRF to Veterans Services, the sooner the VA will process it and pay you. We can't predict how long the VA will take to do that. It's best for you to be proactive and turn in forms as soon as you register for classes.

Protect Your Interests
Once we've notified the VA of your enrollment information, you may still keep track of your payment status by calling the VA toll-free hotlines: 1-800-827-1000 and 1-888-442-4551. This allows you to get either automated information or speak to a 'live' educational specialist about your account.

After Classes Start
Another way to avoid problems is to let the VSO staff know if you have added or dropped any classes after you've turned in your ECRF. We'll notify the VA of the changes promptly after you have turned in a new ECRF with your revised class schedule.

The Veterans Services staff conduct mid-term checks of all student files to see if their schedules have changed, but it's better if you notify us yourself. That way we can report the changes sooner and keep you on track with the VA more easily.

Debts to the VA
If you drop classes after the quarter begins, you might get an overpayment letter from the VA telling you to repay the difference. Bring that letter to Veterans Services staff at Highline; we will help you decide if it's a debt you're responsible to repay or if the College owes that money to the VA.

If it is a debt you must repay, you can contact the VA Debt Management Center for repayment options. The email address is and the toll-free phone number is 1-800-827-0648. The best days to call are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays before 4:00 p.m. On other days, the call volume might be so heavy that you have trouble getting through.